Here is your spot to find new and explore exciting websites, resources, information and become an active member of our school community. If you would like to become a parent volunteer, please contact our Parent Coordinator Mr. Amadeo in the main office @ 718-277-7010 ext.3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your kids are our first priority!
We are committed to providing excellent educational opportunities that are open, accessible, and welcoming to all students. Get help with enrollment and learn about meeting your child’s needs below.
If you move to NYC during the school year, visit our New Students page to learn how to enroll:
Middle School Information
All New York City children are guaranteed a seat at a public middle school. Apply to middle school when your child is in their last year of elementary school.
Your child must be both of the following to apply:
- A current New York City resident
- A current fifth grade student, or a current sixth grade student if their elementary school ends in sixth grade
All of the following students are welcome to apply to middle school: current public district and charter school students, private or parochial school students, students with disabilities, students with accessibility needs, students learning English, students in temporary housing, and LGBTQ and gender nonconforming students.
Find Out More
Find Middle Schools
Middle school offers students opportunities to explore their interests, discover new subjects, and learn more about themselves. Apply online to middle schools with your child’s personalized middle school application.
Schools on Your Application
In your child’s personalized online application, you’ll be able to see and explore every middle school program that they’re eligible to apply for and, if they get an offer, to attend. Middle schools have different eligibility criteria:
- District schools offer a program or programs open only to students in the district where your family is zoned for middle school and, when different, in the district where your child goes to public elementary school.
- Boroughwide schools offer a program or programs that are open to all students in your borough.
- Citywide schools offer a program or programs open to all NYC students.
Some schools or programs require an additional test or audition. Learn more on each school’s website or in the NYC Middle School Directory; scroll down to find the directory for your district. You can schedule some of these additional admissions requirements in MySchools, our new online application system.
Diversity in Middle School Admissions
Middle schools across the city are participating in a pilot initiative to increase diversity within their programs—learn more:
Middle School Resources
- MySchools. During the application period, use MySchools to learn which district (1-32) your child is zoned to for middle school, find choices for your application, and apply.
Apply to Middle School
In your child’s personalized online application, you will be able to see and explore every middle school program that they are eligible to apply for and, if they get an offer, to attend. From these options, you can add up to 12 middle school programs to your child’s application. Add the programs that interest you and your child the most and rank them in your true order of preference in the application.
- Consider adding the programs where your child has an admissions priority or guarantee, such as their zoned school(s) or continuing school. You do not have to place any of these programs as your first choice to keep your priority.
- Make an appointment to talk to your child’s school counselor. Discuss your child’s middle school application choices and how you plan to rank them.
The middle school application period for the 2019-2020 school year is now closed.
Meet with our school Guidance Counselor at 718-277-7010 ext.4.